Tanya O'Debra

...a haven for tender artistic feelings... ...a refuge for tears to be shead... ...poetry... ...suicide...

Monday, September 18, 2006

...a doggie purse to die for...

As I was walking down Thompson St. one fine afternoon, something stopped me dead in my tracks. It was an accessory I had never seen before. Perhaps I am not as informed about the latest trend in purses as I should be. Be that as it may, I don't think anything could have prepared me for the sight of a taxidermied dog hanging from a gold chain shoulder-strap. That's right. A dead dog pocketbook.

The dog was probably white at some point in time, but not any more. Now the poor ambigous poodle mix had yellowed from age, dirt and possibly mange. It's four legs were sticking out in opposite directions, as if the dog had just taken flight. The gold chain was attached at the base of the dog's neck and again at the butt right before the tail. Truly frightening.

I wish I could give a good description of the owner of this horror show of a purse, but I was too pre-occupied with the dog. That and the decision of whether or not to follow her. She was probably in her forties with an ear-length brown bob with feathered bangs, and she was definitely wearing coolats. Beyond that, I really don't know what the hell else she had going on. Unfortunately, I decided not to follow her. But guess where she was going. The pet store.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Lori Mocha said...

No fucking way.

No way.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Stew Ineffectually said...

Of course she was going to the pet store. She needed matching shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home