Tanya O'Debra

...a haven for tender artistic feelings... ...a refuge for tears to be shead... ...poetry... ...suicide...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

...piss sisters...

Piss Sisters

The summer after I broke up with Adam was really wild. After two and a half years of being in such an oppressive relationship, I was ready to party. That’s when I discovered Wild Turkey.

I remember my first shot of Wild Turkey. Jodie and I were at Ann’s show at Don’t Tell Mama’s. We couldn’t even feign an interest in the other performers, so we spent a good amount of time at the bar. The turkey caught our eye. It looked so sexy in the glass, brown, thick and hypnotic as it swayed and swirled. I was in love. Wild Turkey isn’t like a cosmopolitan or whatever martini is in fashion. They are the sluts of drinking. They’re sweet and easy and cold. Wild Turkey plays hard to get. It’s rough and it’s warm and it makes you think twice before you bring it to your lips.

The summer of Wild Turkey was a hot one. It was a summer of sex on rooftops in the pouring rain. It was a summer of music and paint and theatre. It was a summer of peeing my pants in public.

One night after the Freestyle Family’s Open Mic Night, Jodie, Ann, Travis and I all took our familiar drunken journey from the Underground Lounge to Jodie’s apartment where we all frequently spent the night. Taking the caps off fire hydrants is a very popular thing to do in Harlem during the summer, because most people do not have air conditioning. We were pleased to see that one of the neighbors had done this to the hydrant across the street from Jodie’s, because it was hot as shit that night. Since we were all drunk and feeling spontaneous, we decided to play in the water that sprayed all over the street. There was dancing and leaping and laughing. Nobody suspected that there would also be peeing.

We played for a long time in that hydrant and we were drunk, so naturally our bladders began to pressure us to end our fun. We were not ready to do that. Jodie lived on the fifth floor and both of us had to go really bad. A cartoon light bulb flashed over our heads. We could just pee right here.

“Do you want to?”, Jodie asked with an impish grin.
“We could just make sure that we rinse off really good”
“Let’s hold hands.”

We clasped hands and looked around. We were the only two in the water. Everyone else was sitting on the stoop. We roared with laughter.

“Let’s do it!”, I cried.

I took a deep breath and relaxed as the warm fluid ran down my legs.

“I’m peeing right now”, Jodie quietly announced.
“Me, too!”

We laughed and we peed.

“We can never tell a soul that we did this”, Jodie said.

I solemnly agreed. We swore to take this to the grave. Jodie's boyfriend, Greg, heard all the laughter and wanted to join in on the fun. Little did he know that while he was innocently jumping and splashing, we were rinsing the pee off our clothes. After “playing” in the water for a really long time, we finally went up to the apartment. Before going to sleep we renewed our vows of silence. Our secret pee pact brought us even closer together than blood sisters. We were piss sisters.

Then we told John Bowman what we had done the very next day. Soon after that we told anyone who would listen. It was too juicy not to spill.

When I think about that summer, I remember how hard it was to adjust to my break up with Adam. All of my plans for my life were totally out the window. And when things like that happen, I guess it’s good to just let go of everything for a little while. Even bladder control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home